- INFORMATION WE OR THIRD PARTIES COLLECT
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to provide more relevant content to you, to administer your use of the Services and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
2.1. Information You Provide
When you use the Services, you may voluntarily provide the following information to us:
- Email Address. You will provide us with your email address if you choose to receive our newsletter.
- Submissions. Your content and any other information that you choose to make available via the Service. This may include images, videos and text that you post, and corresponding data such as timestamps and geolocation information.
- Social Media Profiles. Your social media public profile information, such as Facebook or YouTube, if you share or post BeAlive Content to your social channels. This may include your first and last name, email address, birthday, age, work history, education history, current city, photos, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your social media friends.
- Your Opinions. We may periodically conduct voluntary user surveys where you may choose to provide us with your opinions or other information about yourself, which will be kept anonymous.
- Submitting a Query. You may provide your name, e-mail address, postal address, or phone number if you submit a query to us.
2.2. Information Automatically Collected
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities as follows:
- technical information about your computer and/or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address, time zone);
- your activity with the Services, such as how long you used the Services, pages requested, and features used;
- on a mobile device, your mobile device’s unique ID number, media access control address, and geographic location.
2.3 Information Provided To Us From Third Parties and Advertisers
2.4 Connecting to Our Services Using Third Party Services
Some users may choose to connect to our Services or share from our Services using third-party account credentials (for example, your Facebook or YouTube account). If you choose to connect your account using a third-party account, you understand some of your information may be shared with us or the respective third-party platform. Your information may also be subject to separate policies of such third-party platform. You should review those policies before providing consent. Connecting your account to third-party applications or services is optional. You can revoke this permission anytime in your account settings.
Some of our Services allow advertisers and their networks to collect and use certain anonymous information about you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) in order to provide advertisements of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
2.6 Cookies and Similar Technologies
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The primary reason we collect information is to provide and improve our Services, and to provide you with a more customized experience. The following is a summary of specific ways we may use the information we collect from you:
- To notify you about new content on the Services, and to customize content for you;
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- To communicate with you about BeAlive and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- To administer surveys or sweepstakes;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- To develop and test new products and features;
- For research and publication on an anonymous basis, for example, an article about content viewing trends;
- To improve operations of the Services, such as information related to crashes and software errors;
- To monitor for violations of our Terms and applicable law;
- To investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
- To provide, maintain, personalize and improve the Services and our overall business.
- SHARING INFORMATION
4.1. Sharing By You
The Services as offered may contain a social component, so your participation in such social components will allow others to see your name and/or username, profile picture, social profile, and any other content you upload or disclose through that account profile.
4.2. Sharing By Us
We may share your information with the following:
4.2.4. Protection of Company, Others & Legal Disclosures. We may access, read, preserve and disclose information that we reasonably believe is necessary: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; (b) to protect, investigate or report illegal activity or potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property interests of our Company; (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims, and (d) as otherwise required by law.
4.2.5. Aggregate & Anonymized Data. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information. For example, we may provide demographic and statistical information to prospective partners for the purposes of securing advertising and/or for general promotion of the Service. This disclosure will not share any personal information of individual users but is intended to give a broad overview of the Service’s audience.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us and we take commercially reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. To help protect your information, you should log-out of any account after usage, and you should not share any account information or password, reuse such password on multiple sites, or re-use passwords. We endeavor to protect the privacy of the information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- WHERE YOU INFORMATION WILL BE HELD
- LAWFULL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”.
Where we process information based on consent, we will ask for your explicit consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal.
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a basis for information processing, you have the right to object. We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of third parties, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information to:
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud);
- Comply with laws that apply to us;
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service;
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions;
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally;
- Enable us and our users to connect with each other, view content, express opinions, exchange information, and conduct business.
If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Through your settings for the Service, you may access, edit, or delete information you’ve provided and your record of interactions with the Service. Such information and interactions, and your ability to update them, will vary based on the Service.
8.1. Right to Access and Control Your Information
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain rights related to their personal information. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request the following for personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Information: You can edit some of your information through your settings. You can also ask us to change, update or fix you information in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your information is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Information: You can ask us for a copy of your information and can ask for a copy of information you provided in machine-readable form.
You may contact us at email@example.com, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Please note that some information may remain in our records for legitimate business reasons even after your deletion of such information, such as our analyzing aggregated data regarding past usage of the Service (but not in a manner that would identify you personally).
8.2 What Choices You Have
8.2.1. Limit Your Own Sharing of Personal Information. In instances where you contribute information about yourself in the Services, such as through social media sharing, please remember to be cautious about posting personal or sensitive details about yourself, such as financial information, home address, or other sensitive details.
8.2.3. Location Data. You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by adjusting your browser settings if accessing the website from the web, or adjusting your location settings if accessing our app from your device. As described above, we may collect your device’s geolocation data and save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you or to personalize the Services, such as to provide relevant and available content for your viewing.
8.2.4. Browser & Mobile Device Settings. You can disable certain tools on your browser or device. Devices and device system software provide certain opt-out choices that you can control. For example, Apple iOS and Google Play Services provide an opt-out choice that you can use to control in-app advertisements, and mobile device operating systems provide opt-out choices for push notifications or alerts and collection of location information. Please consult your device settings for more information or to opt out using these mechanisms. However, this may limit your ability to fully utilize the Service.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
Information you have shared with others (e.g. through comments or other posts) will remain visible, and we do not control data that other users copied out of our Services.
- GENERAL AUDIENCE SERVICES
Our Services are for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal Information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: BeAlive, Inc., 1111 Broadway St., Oakland CA, 94607, Attn: Privacy / Legal Dept. We will respond to one request per California customer each year, and we do not respond to requests made by means other than as set forth above.
- QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS